We Made It!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We made it to Martha’s Vineyard! After a red eye flight to JFK, catching a plane to Boston (but not before deplaning from technical difficulties), and taking a teensy plane via Cape Air to Martha’s Vineyard, we finally arrived- exhausted but still bushy tailed for our new little adventure.



Behold, our darling cubicle for the summer. As long as it has AC, we are more than happy. Our managers are too great, they even hung up pictures and we have a TV!

Training day was terrifying. Being introduced to espresso shots, lattes, cappuccinos, red eyes, café au lait, chai tea, absolutely threw me for a loop. Since I’ve never drank coffee in my life, you’re better off speaking a Japanese or something.



We were able to practice for a day or two before our manager left for a wedding Memorial weekend. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this area like I was, memorial weekend here is… crazy. But, somehow we got through it, and well- I must add.

Now I am pleased to tell you I can make your drink to perfection for your specific taste ...I’ve had a lot of practice. Want it extra dry, extra wet, light, dark, scalding hot, extra strong, all foam, no foam, skinny, or extra creamy? Because I know how to do ALL of that. Yes, I’m showing off- and I hope you’re all impressed. (No, I still haven't tasted it. But it looks great). Below is one of Becky's creations.




But, you’ll be even in more awe over my dear husband.

He is currently manning the kitchen- he can make you all sorts of panini’s, wraps, salads, muffins, bacon egg &cheese, lobster roll, and even to-die-for clam chowder. Oh, and he even makes cookies from scratch everyday. How sexy is that!





As scary as it is to think of two men running the kitchen, it is all DELICIOUS.

Come to MacPhail’s Corner Café and test it out! Here's our wonderful crew so far. Alex, me, Parker, Becky, and Will. We have a good time.








Lessons learned so far:



  • It’s ESPRESSO, not expresso. Yep, embarrassing.


  • Shorts with whales on it are cool? Don’t worry, EVERY store here sells them. I should have known that growing up in New Canaan, but this place takes it to a whole new level.


  • Keeping your long hair tamed here isn’t possible.

  • Eating muffins and scones for dinner the past 4 nights isn’t a good idea. Even if they look this good.




  • I need better shoes for work that don’t look ridiculous. My $5 ones from Forever 21 just aren't doing it for me.

  • Eastcoasters, (or anyone outside of Utah) are the most generous tippers. And everyone should be that way;)

  • There is a gay mafia here?

  • Wearing heels to work, “I’m tough” = dumb. No better word for it.

  • Being called an American after mixing up someone’s order is probably the worst insult you can get. But it will always be my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs