6 Months...... say whaaat?

Thursday, June 16, 2011








One of these days, I'm going write a little bit about mine and Alex's story. Tomorrow marks our *BIG* 6 month anniversary. I’m not even sure if anyone else celebrates such a pitiful amount of time, but I’m planning on it. And its going to be sa-weeeet!







I’m writing about this now because if I don’t, we will probably forget and, well...I need an excuse to celebrate something!

However, I like to think this is a valid celebration. Warning: this post may get a little sappy. Your choice to keep reading. But really, what did you expect?




I'm guessing the first 6 months takes the most adjusting. Doing someone else’s laundry. Cooking for two. Avoiding pet peeves. Compromising. Budgeting. Realizing it’s time to make “married friends”. Learning to pick your battles. Future planning. Overall- it’s not all about you any more, because your decisions now affect someone else too.




These are all things I expected, to some extent at least.



Some things I didnt expect was the amazing feeling when kneeling together in prayer each night. Learning to give emergency haircuts. How much holding hands means to me. Laughing more than ever. How much I’ve come to rely on him, but a nice and balanced reliance. Dirty socks. Everywhere. In order for pillow talk to happen, must be bribed with cookies or a massage. Little notes on the bathroom mirror that make my day, most likely never to be removed. Already growing to like the same things. How important a sincere sorry is. Having inside jokes about everything. How fun it is to joke about our future- kids names and what we’re going to be like when we’re old.

Easily, best 6 months of my life so far. Well, let me clarify. Not the easiest, but the best for sure.

I just looove you smalls! ("Now kiss me!")


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs