Ombre Hair

Thursday, November 10, 2011


I've had a pretty tragic hair history. Once upon a time 14 yr old sister highlighted my hair when I was in 4th grade. Dad called me 'skunk' for a good 6 months. Friend asked, "did your sister do your hair? ....yeah, it looks like it." Ouch, but so true.

But I really didn't care, because I was getting highlights and that sounded awesome. Lighter and lighter, leaving roots to grow longer and longer, until I decided this whole highlight thing was totally overrated and not worth all my precious babysitting money.

So by age 16 I wanted to go back. Except this time didn't work so well either. Blackest of the black.


Haha, this is the only picture I could find. Being goth for Halloween was convenient I suppose. But obviously, I was horrified.
....everyone was (it's okay to be honest now.)

But eventually it grew out and I was in love with the fact that I was roots-free, therefore life was goooood. Once you go black, you never go back!

And it's been that way ever since. But I must say, it's a little boring after a while. So when I was introduced to the idea of a "hair melt" it sounded like it was made for me. Instead of lighting the roots, you blend the dark of your roots to light at the ends. Results = very little upkeep... I'M IN!












Verdict: I love it- finally some dimension without being so obvious. Anddd doesn't burn a whole in your pocket. People, this is revolutionary. Yep, I said it. Oh, and did I mention I got it for insanely cheap? I officially found my go-to hair girl. it's nice.



Okay, this is an awful portrayal- not easy via photobooth. Either way, it is pretty subtle I guess, but I'm still kiiinda devastated that hardly anyone has noticed. This is a big step for me, you know! ...Bitter? What?

Speaking of photobooth... it never gets old:)








Trying to distract *someone* from never-ending Saturday football games. Didn't make the cut unfortunately


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs