birthday

Monday, August 25, 2014




I have been really bad at the blog lately, but yesterday was my BIRTHDAY. Anddd naturally, the celebration continues!

I remember as a kid, if your birthday happened to land on a Sunday it was like a blow to the soul. (FYI because I'm Mormon- and recognizing the Sabbath day is something we try to take seriously.) It sounds bad, but I would be lying if I didn't say aloud "buzz kill!!" when I found out this was my year.

Gente, I've changed my mind. Guess what, Sunday's are actually the best day for birthdays! Because there is none of that go-to-work business, no guilt about the errands that need to be done, and after church- lazy days are a check plus. And we embraced it! I told Alex for my birthday I wanted a computer/TV free day. So we played cards. Made dinner together. And did a whole lot of laughing and cuddling. Oh my goodness, seriously though...


Then we got together with great friends for ice cream sandwiches and basketball. Of course, there was lots of singing in English and Portuguese involved, just the way we like it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs